Subject: Re: Model 300 support?
To: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/26/2002 01:45:09
At 2:40 AM +0000 3/26/02, jwbirdsa@picarefy.com wrote:

:)   Is the model 300 supported, or is there any possibility of adding
:)support? I'm wondering because I just got a couple. I know they're
:)68010-based,

That's actually a model 310.  They never produced a "model 300" -- that's
just the sticker on the front that they had put almost all 300 series
machines.

:)which doesn't appear to currently be supported, but I also know that the
:)010 isn't inherently insupportable because the Sun-2 port is operational.
:)But perhaps the 300's lack an appropriate MMU?

The 68010 has an MMU built-in, but it's not currently supported in
NetBSD/hp300.  If you're really interested, the sun2 portmaster has
expressed willingness to provide advice to any porting efforts for other
68010-based systems.

:)P.S.: I also have some 340's on the way, and maybe even a 375, so I will
:)experience series 300 goodness one way or another. :)

Those run just fine.  The 375 runs rather well actualy, and if the 340 has
enough RAM (i.e. at least 4 MB) it should be OK too.

Have fun,
  -- MW