Subject: Re: HP Apollo 425e
To: None <ml@Morgoth.netbsd.org>
From: Kevin <obsidian@panokratie.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/03/2002 00:56:57
On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 ml@Morgoth.netbsd.org wrote:

<snip>

> > Is it supported in NetBSD?
>
> Yes and no - as far as I remember it uses some weird framebuffer but it
> should work with serial console ( or maybe you could plug in another
> DIO-II graphics board... )

No, you cannot plug anything into it - Its all onboard. Nice box though.
Installation is a little bit difficullt, but it is possible. You have to
operate them headless, and serial port doesn't really work either. If
somebody is interested, I could wip up a little howto how to install these
boxen. I have installed NetBSD on one here and it works a treat.

They have about the CPU power of a 486/66 or so, but the I/O bandwidth is
better. I used mine as NFS server for a 10 MBit LAN and it could fill up
the line :)

Cheers,

Kevin