Subject: New console attachment interface
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/02/2001 15:01:04
Hi All,

I've uploaded a kernel containing the new console attachment
interface into

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/gmcgarry/hp300/cnattach/

In the same directory you will also find an rbootd image to
load the ELF kernel.  It supports DHCP.  The kernel diffs are
there also.

These changes are an intermediate step to going to wscons.  With
these changes it is possible to have both wscons and ite configured
into the same kernel.  It also makes the console devices largely MI.
Support for dnkbd is now a SMOP.

I've tested it on a dca and topcat/hil console.  Important tests
are on machines with wacky consoles or multiple frame buffers.
I've also fiddled with the mechanism of hard-wiring the console
using the scode.  I guess this could be important to some people.

Please try it out and report results to this list.

	-- Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>