Subject: Re: NetBSD/hp300 changes
To: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>
From: Michael Joosten <joost@c-lab.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/05/2001 16:56:10
Gregory McGarry wrote:

> Hi all
>
> This is just a heads-up to notify everyone that I'm sitting on
> some changes to NetBSD/hp300.  The changes basically overhaul
> all graphics, console, I/O and HIL support.  The changes are
> quite pervasive and I tried not to break the existing drivers,
> but interrupt dispatching was affected.

Surprise... Just to challenge you:
Did you also think about integrating support for the Domain keyboard/mouse?
'When I had some time', I was thinking about how to proceed with this, and then
the only 'pragmatically resonable' way would be to build an emulation layer to
make the Domain stuff emulate HIL devices. What much sense makes a working
framebuffer, if the X server still insists to see HIL devices ??

With a little luck I might be able to excavate some of the files from then, but I
think some of this is also in port-hp documented/archived.

> There's more to do.  The X server will be next.

Hoho! You dare where so many have failed ? 8-)))

Kind regards, Michael