Subject: Re: ISO Image
To: None <cris@sleepy.giant.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/15/2001 11:36:33
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 cris@sleepy.giant.net wrote:

>   I noticed that there is an ISO image in the /pub/NetBSD/iso section for
> hp300, and well I burned a copy of it.  I was wondering if it was bootable
> since it isn't picking it up as a device in the search on my 380, or my
> 433t.

No, it's not bootable.  Theoretically, we could generate a bootable CD-ROM
image, but no one has spent the effort to integrate it with the iso
generation routines.

>   I know the install notes state that there really isn't any supported
> install method besides network, but I was just wondering if there was even
> some kind of network booter that could install off the CD.  It'd make the
> install a bit easier for some.

Ideally what we want is a tar.gz archive of the miniroot contents.  Then
the user could extract that into the NFS root and have their diskless
setup done much more quickly.

  -- MW