Subject: Re: Kernel compiling problem....
To: None <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/16/2001 00:06:22
> Robert Jung writes:
> > but every time I try to compile the kernel the process end with an =
error =

> > during the step strip netbsd netbsd.gdb.
> >
> > The strip program exits with the errormessage: Memory exhausted!
> > But I have 16 Megs of RAM and 27Megs of swap space, can somebody
> > help me out?
>
> just do a:
>
>  limit datasize unlimited
>  limit stacksize unlimited
>
> and give it another whirl... ('limit' will tell you what the various
> process/ stack/file limits are set to.  It's likely running into one
> of them and then aborting...)

Another option if you're just after compiling a kernel and do not
require a kernel compiled with debug symbols, you can comment out the

makeoptions	 DEBUG=3D"-g"

line from your kernel configuration, re-configure and re-compile
(after a "make clean"), and the rather bulky netbsd.gdb won't enter
into the equation.

Regards,

- H=E5vard