Subject: serial console ?!
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Mario Premke <mapr0003@stud.uni-sb.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/20/2001 19:00:42
Hi,
on the web page I found that a special cable is needed for
connecting a serial console to a hp300 (68020/16Mhz) ?!?
Nevertheless following the 'special cable' link I read:

"You can use a normal non-null cable if you're willing to sacrifice
hardware handshaking."

Is a non-null cable one where the wires are not exchanged like at a null
modem cable ? And what exactly is to do for hardware handshaking ??

Thanks in advance

Mario Premke

P.S.:	Does anybody know where to look for a disk drive for this kind of
	machine ? I expect to have a fast HP-IB board since there is
	a LAN (BNC) adapter at the back of the computer.