Subject: Re: did the list server die
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: None <jarkko@mail.er-grp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/02/2001 14:05:17
On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 07:09:12PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> In <20010502095225.E8094@mail.er-grp.com>
> jarkko@mail.er-grp.com wrote:
>
> > It just means that NetBSD/hp300 is "ready" and completely ported and that
> > there are no devices left that are not supported :)
>
> There are some major TODO items on hp300 port, MI SCSI and wscons.
> Is anyone working on or planning them?
>
> When the last time I checked hp300/dev/scsireg.h,
> it seemed to have the similar register map with
> MI sys/dev/ic/mb89352reg.h, but mb89352.c does not have
> DMA support (yet).

Hmm, does the mb89352.c support synchronous SCSI ? I'll take a look.

> I'm also interested in wscons, but framebuffer on
> my HP382 is not supported even by old grf/ite..
> (It means there is no information about the device?)

I sort of know it's VGA out and what looked like a brooktree chip.
I think it occupies select codes 132-135 and one source of information
could be the HP-UX headers. It's a weird beast as the 382 also has frodo
and the memory is definitely not something you'd expect to see in a
300-series machine.

I sent out a dmesg when I ripped the logic board from the case and
threw it in my 380:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp300/1999/07/16/0000.html

btw, if someone comes up with a working MI SCSI & wscons I'll promise
to send over a few bottles of Finnish beer:)
--
jht