Subject: Serving TrueType fonts to the Xhpux?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/20/2001 19:15:16
Hi,

I have an Apollo 9000 400t, which runs diskless very nicely, and also
runs the Xhpux X11R5-Xserver fine.

But since for X11R5 there are only very few fonts, I decided to run an
xfs on the server and have the Xhpux connect to it. (using the -fp
command-line option).

This worked very fine, but then I also set up the xfstt and copied
some ttf fonts from the Windows partition. The server works for
serving fonts locally and also serves the notebook, but refuses to
serve the HP.

The documentation talks about some problems with different byte order,
but the Xhpux refuses to work with xfstt, even if it runs locally.

Any ideas how to use TTF fonts with the HP?

regards,

	Bernd

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem.