Subject: Re: Panics galore, featuring 1.5 & hp300
To: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/12/2001 09:46:36
On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 09:06:27AM +0200, Jarkko Teppo wrote:

> Now here's some stuff from DDB; You decide, kernel bug or borken hw ?
>
> First bad, reclen=402a, DIRSIZ=12, namlen=0, flags=5100, entry offsetinblock=0
> /: bad dir ino 492928 at offset 0: mangled entry
> panic: bad dir
> stopped in find at _cpu_debugger+0x6: unlk a6

Hello again! Interestingly enough, fsck wasn't able to fix this, using find
with
# find / -inum 492928 -print
resulted in the same panic. So, in a fit of madness I used fsdb and
downlinked the inode to 0. After that fsck saw the wrong link count and
restored it to 2. After that everything seemed to be allright.

After a couple of days it paniced on a different inode. This isn't fun
anymore :(. I did the same thing and it seems to work for now.

I'm now suspecting broken hw, except it used to work under 1.4.2 without
any problems. I have a micropolis 2GB drive as / and two HP 1GB drives
raid0'd to /home. All the "bad dir"-panics happened for inodes under /.

I'll happily accept any tips you might have!
--
jht