Subject: Re: Hello I'm new here and have some questions
To: None <David@ixibbs.iximd.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/09/2001 08:45:53
At 3:34 AM -0400 3/9/01, David@ixibbs.iximd.com wrote:

:)(I have a 320 or 330 I don't know which)

The 320's usually shipped in boxes that have two cardcages bolted together.
The 330 usually had one.  The 320 has a ton of DIO-I card slots (they use
card-edge connectors).  The 330 has 4 MB RAM built into the motherboard.
If you have no RAM cards, it's a 330.

:)1. Is the ethernet BNC connector on the Sysetm Interface Board used
:)like any other ethernet BNC connector. (I mean do you need a T
:)connector and two terminators at either end of the line?  Call me OVER
:)Cautious but I just don't want to fry the board)

Can't hurt to be safe.  It's normal 10Base-2.  Hook it up normally.

:)2. At the time being I can only bring up my box over a serial terminal
:)up to the point that it starts searching for a SYSTEM (because I
:)haven't configured a net-boot system yet) and I am getting TRASH from
:)the box (HYPER TERMINAL in Win98 and also a HP 700/41 Terminal).
:)
:)Serial dump, I put what I thought should come up at the end (From Hyper
:)Terminal in Win98):

The boot ROM was before HP realized that everyone was using vt100 protocol
for serial terminals.  It's expecting the serial terminal to understand the
HP terminal codes.  Your HP 700/41 terminal can probably be set to vt100 or
hp.  If you set it to HP emulation it'll look fine.

Good luck!

  -- MW