Subject: Re: OT:Apollo Domain netboot info wanted
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Michael Joosten <joost@c-lab.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/02/2001 00:48:30
Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 03:46:17PM -0700, Herb Peyerl wrote:
>
>  > it's been a long time since I looked at this sort of thing but I have
>  > an old 'netman' that someone (not me) wrote about 6 years ago. i
>  > haven't looked at it in ages and I'd have to do some digging to find
>  > the author and get his permission to redistribute it.
>  >
>  > -rw-------  1 hpeyerl  daemon  14874 Nov  8  1995 netman.c
>
> There's a version (heavily hacked by me and cgd some time ago) version of
> this checked into the NetBSD source tree somewhere... not in the main
> sources, but somewhere else...

And I also played a few days around with this - I guess I took Herb's
sources, but did not change much. Still, mine is somewhat longer...

It ran... under Solaris, yes, and I was able to netboot a few of the smaller
utilities in SAU. CALENDAR, INVOL, CONFIG, but not DEX nor the Apollo kernel.
There was some request from the Apollo back to the server which was
unknown...

As I just see, I've still a few traces (snoop) of a conversation.

Michael