Subject: Re: 425e and the boot prom
To: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
From: Michael Joosten <joost@c-lab.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/24/2001 01:32:44
CaptnZilog@aol.com wrote:

> > Found it... very simple and ugly Perl...
> > I used kermit on an old laptop and the 'D' command on > an Apollo DN4500, logged that
> > part of the session and ran the following script (this > was, I think, some perl 4.??)
>
> Apollo DN4500?  Now *that* I could read in my programmer fine.  Have DN3000, DN3010, DN3500, DN4000, DN4500 and DN5500 roms already read, I believe.  Disassembled and partially commented at this point.

No wonder - just a plain 27512 or so. No, this DN4500 just made this morning it's final exit, to be reborn as coke can...

What I meant, of course, that some HP425e owner should try to extract the PROM in such a way (you must switch the PROM temporarily into Domain mode, of course), and perhaps send it to you...
I'd assume that the PROM starts at 0 (beacuse of the reset/nmi and trap vectors).

Michael