Subject: Re: HP 9000/382
To: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
From: David Jones <dej@inode.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/08/2001 07:09:13
On January  7, 2001 08:08 pm, you wrote:
> Hi there!  I have a quick question, does the prom monitor only show val=
id,
> bootable devices on startup?  I have a CD-ROM and an old quantum harddr=
ive
> plugged in, but they aren't listed, all I get is:
>
>  System Search Mode
>  RESET To Restart, SPACE clears input    Select System, type RETURN    =
   ?

>                                          Select System, type RETURN

The boot PROM does not follow the SCSI spec exactly when it comes to=20
selection timeout.  As a result, many SCSI devices will not boot on hp300=
,=20
even though they will work fine after the kernel is booted.

See PR kern/3769 for details.  Note that this PR has already been applied=
 to=20
the tree; this is just for information.