Subject: HP 9000/382
To: hp-300 <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/07/2001 20:08:32
Hi there!  I have a quick question, does the prom monitor only show valid,
bootable devices on startup?  I have a CD-ROM and an old quantum harddrive
plugged in, but they aren't listed, all I get is:

 System Search Mode
 RESET To Restart, SPACE clears input    Select System, type RETURN       ?

                                         Select System, type RETURN

The harddrive is outta an old PC, and it's just some old data disc in the
CD-ROM drive, there really isn't anything to boot there yet.  What I need
to do is either build a filesystem on the harddrive, or get rbootd up on
another computer and plug in the ethernet, right?  I was just wondering,
the docs make it sound like I'm supposed to pick something out of a list.

Thanks!

Bob