Subject: Re: switch to ELF
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/02/2001 09:45:23
On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Simon Burge wrote:

> The instructions that Steve Woodford put together for the mvme68k
> should also apply as far as building the toolchain - look at
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mvme68k/README.ELF-UPGRADE

For those "on-the-ball" folks who grabbed that file soon after Simon's
announcement, you may want to grab it again to get a more up to date
version (which was languishing on my machine at work over the holiday.
otherwise it would have been upated sooner ;-).

The new one is 6787 bytes long, as opposed to 3628. The main change is a
description of how to upgrade a "live" system (not recommended for the
faint hearted!)

Cheers, Steve