Subject: switch to ELF
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/02/2001 15:53:06
Folks,

I've just committed some changes to convert the hp300 port to ELF.
With the COMPAT_AOUT_M68K kernel option, all your old a.out binaries
should still work.  Note that a.out versions of ifconfig(8) and
route(8) will _not_ work due to some structure alignment problems.
The instructions that Steve Woodford put together for the mvme68k
should also apply as far as building the toolchain - look at
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mvme68k/README.ELF-UPGRADE

I'm starting a build of a complete snapshot, but it will still be a
couple of days away...  To get people started, I'll upload the basics
to get started (a kernel, new bootblocks and route/ifconfig binaries)
as soon as a GENERIC kernel finishes building.

If there are any problems, please send-pr them.  I should be on the
hp300 list by now, but if you send something their and I don't answer
in a day or so please sent it to me privately.

Many thanks must go to Steve Woodford for doing all the initial work
in converting mvme68k to ELF!

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/