Subject: scsi.c and synchronous transfers
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/13/2000 10:11:23
Hello all,

Does the oscsi driver really support synchronous transfers or is the
variable

int scsi_nosync = 1;            /* inhibit sync xfers if 1 */
int scsi_pridma = 0;            /* use "priority" dma */

in scsi.c just icing on the cake ? I followed the code to hs->sc_sync
but then thought of bothering the list members first:) I tried setting
scsi_nosync to 0 and scsi_pridma (what's *that*?) to 1 but I didn't see
any obvious improvement (380, built-in 32 bit SCSI).

And what's up with the LUN-probing ?

for (lun = 0; lun < 1 /* XXX */; lun++)

Is this to prevent a mess with devices that show up on all LUNs ?
I'm just asking because I have a Pioneer DRM-610 CD-changer were
the 6 CD changer is controlled via LUNs and I didn't get it working on
mac68k, so I thought I'd try it with my all-time favorite platform:)

TIA,
--
jht