Subject: Re: Printer
To: Gerard Pietersen <icarus@dse.nl>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/21/2000 08:00:50
On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 03:25:42PM +0200, Gerard Pietersen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed NetBSD on mine hp340
> And now I was wondering how to get the printer work.
>
> Its a HP Paintjet on HP-IB and I'm using the GENERIC kernel

Depending on your setup you might need to compile a new kernel, or not.
If GENERIC has (at boot)
ppi0 at hbipbus0 slave 5 punit 0
Then attach the Paintjet to the HP-IB bus and select 5 as the slave number.

I tried the ppi-driver with a 7450 (? A3-plotter anyway) and it started
drawing some lines but after a few seconds it hung and the HP-IB bus was
locked solid with DMA timeouts. This was using the slow HP-IB, never tried
the fast one.

--
Jarkko Teppo
jate@uwasa.fi