Subject: Re: hp370 memory upgrade
To: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
From: Yves Bodack <bodack@web.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/15/2000 22:32:02
Tuesday, August 15, 2000 6:16 AM "Michael Wolfson" wrote:

> tell you how to set it.  ISTR, though, that you only need to set one of
> the switches on the second RAM board.  It's either the second or third
> (not the first) switch.  I think the primary RAM board (at address
> 0) should have all its switches off.
It was the third one, thank's a lot.

> use a serial console and trying your two RAM boards.  If that works, then
> you need to start looking for an "expansion" chassis which has an
> additional four DIO-II slots for more RAM, framebuffers, and whatnot.
Yes it works and now I am looking for additional DIO-II slots. I actually
have such a expansion chassis, but it is DIO-I type. So all I need is a
DIO-II expansion circuit board... Is there anybody out there, who has such a
piece for sale? If not, I try to solder two normal DIO-II boards at its
expansion connectors, and see if it works. Has someone tried this before?

---
Yves Bodack