Subject: Re: old hp345 hardware problem
To: Jarkko Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/15/2000 08:25:43
Greetings !

> > Beware; a machine like a 345 may be HPIB-only and not have a scsi bus.
> 345 has built-in internal SCSI, though I don't remember if it had
> connectors on the outside.
On the backside there is some unused slot with exactly the size of a
50pin Centronics connector and directly behind this there is a 50pin
internal SCSI connector with some kind of terminator plugged in.

> Also possible was the 98625C HP-IB controller.
Yup, read about this too but neve saw a 345 with fast HPIB only.

> You can also have an internal disk. Or at least you can with the
> case that I have, a long case, typical HP minirack model.
On the front side is another 50pin SCSI connector, a 4 pin power
connector and some kind of non standard rack to mount a HD into, the
only problem is that the holes aren't placed where today's HDs want
their screws.

bye
Michael