Subject: Re: 425e pecularities
To: None <obsidian@obsidian.de>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/09/2000 00:45:51
In <Pine.LNX.4.21.0008070643320.8120-100000@kiste.innnet.de>
obsidian@obsidian.de wrote:

> My 425e boots wonderfully into multiuser via netboot when rc.conf is
> configured on the NFS root. I get all dmesg on the serial console. I can't
> type anything tho on the serial. I have to login via telnet.
> As soon as the HIL keyboard is hit, the box panics and gives me an MMU
> fault. If it helps, I can get a dump of the crash and mail it somebody.

I beleive this bug has been fixed on current and pulled up to 1.5.
See PR port-hp300/10750.

> I even got it to boot from SCSI, but when doing so, the le0 device is
> found by the kernel, but it can't configure it. So I can't login with
> telnet, console is nonfunctional und HIL crashes NetBSD.

In this case, console ite device is not configured, so
HIL keyboard could not still be used as an input device.
According to NetBSD/hp300 FAQ, 425e does not support serial
console in the Boot ROM. This might cause the problem?
I'm using serial console fine on my 382.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp