Subject: Re: Bootblock on 425e
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Andre Schulze <as8@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/14/2000 13:27:23
Am Don den 13 Jul 2000 um 09:19:43 +0200 schrieb Kevin Read:

> Hi 2 all,
>
> I managed after all to dump the latest snapshot on my SCSI on the
> 425e. After installing the booter with disklabel I rebooted.
>
> The machine seems to find the bootblock, but then the screen goes black,
> and on the serial terminal nothing appears. Maybe the bootblock
> (SYS_UBOOT, btw) works only across the network?

that's right. my apollo says nothing on the serial when i boot from
disk.
did anybody build a bootloader from source? the networked bootloader
knows how to handle the console but i failed to tell it to boot from disk.

maybe you are satisfied with a remote login. the serial isn't usable
anyway.

> Thanks for your help.

wasn't helpful anyway,

	andre