Subject: Re: HP 9000/425e question
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Andre Schulze <as8@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/02/2000 15:55:20
Am Fre den 02 Jun 2000 um 11:32:04 +0200 schrieb Michael Kukat:
> Hi !
>
> Ok, many thanks to all for help, i just got the booter and kernel messages of
> my 425e on the display of my Nokia 9110 :-) There is some NFS server timeout,
> but this is a problem which i must solve, the main problem, the console, is

this is the same problem i am suffering. unfortunately i didn't find a
solution although i am trying for some time now.
do you get an error like this:

nfs_boot: trying RARP (and RPC/bootparam)
nfs_boot: client_addr=141.30.67.234 (RARP from 141.30.67.231)
nfs_boot: timeout...
nfs_boot: timeout...
nfs_boot: timeout...
nfs_boot: bootparam whoami, error=60
no file system for le0
cannot mount root, error = 79

while trying to mount root the box doesn't send any bootparamd
queries. any ideas?
i tried several kernels - always the same probs.

> thanks again, i'll try to get it running now and put the whole stuff onto the
> disk.

please send a message when you have succeeded.

	andre