Subject: Re: Compiling perl 5.6.0
To: None <abaugher@pikenet.net>
From: Martin Lucina <mato@kotelna.sk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/30/2000 18:02:46
abaugher@pikenet.net said:

>     Can't load 'lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.so' for module
>     File::Glob: No such file or directory at lib/XSLoader.pm
>     line 73.
>
> The only problem with that is that it *does* exist, in that
> location.  So I'm guessing there's something wrong with the
> library loader.

Ran into this today. The loader (correctly(?) according to rtld(1))
looks for libraries in the system directories unless given an absolute
pathname. 'lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.so' obviously doesn't qualify.

My solution was to replace all occurences of

-Ilib

with

-I`pwd`/lib

in Makefile, and modify the BEGIN block in installperl to do something
similar. That worked fine for the install. Should the upstream Perl
maintainers be contacted about this?

--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are