Subject: Re: diskless problem
To: Andre Schulze <as8@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/18/2000 23:10:08
On Thu, 18 May 2000, Andre Schulze wrote:

> hello list,
>=20
> after moving the the installation from one server to another, i have a
> boot problem with my hp425e (it really ran before).
> i installed rbootd, bootparams, the nfs-server and rarp on the linux
> server (used a sun before).
> everything is ok until the machine tries to mount root. the console
> output is available under:
> http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~andre/netbsd-boot
> running rbootd and bootparams in debug mode verifies they work (as the
> console output proves). rarp works too. the nfs-server sends the kernel
> - but why can=B4t i mount root? it is said somewhere the bootloader is
> not very robust - but our network load isn't that high and i tried
> really more than once. any hints?

=09Option a)
=09    If its a recent redhat or similar, there should be a way to
=09    disable its bogus nfs v3 mountd responses. I think the netbsd
=09    netboot howto should have the details.

=09Option b)
=09    Switch operating systems on the server :)

=09=09David/absolute
=09=09=09=09       -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --