Subject: diskless problem
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Andre Schulze <as8@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/18/2000 17:21:53
hello list,

after moving the the installation from one server to another, i have a
boot problem with my hp425e (it really ran before).
i installed rbootd, bootparams, the nfs-server and rarp on the linux
server (used a sun before).
everything is ok until the machine tries to mount root. the console
output is available under:
http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~andre/netbsd-boot
running rbootd and bootparams in debug mode verifies they work (as the
console output proves). rarp works too. the nfs-server sends the kernel
- but why can=B4t i mount root? it is said somewhere the bootloader is
not very robust - but our network load isn't that high and i tried
really more than once. any hints?

	andre