Subject: Boot info
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Carlo Vinante <vinante@igi.pd.cnr.it>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/02/2000 15:42:19
Hello to everybody.

I would ask to somebody some help in order to boot and load my op. sys. on
a 9000/345.=20
The system is, or better was a diskless one: right now I have a 750Mb SCSI
hard disk and a SCSI Magneto Opt. drive (from Corel..) and the moment to
load the operating system has arrived.=20

I know that I can boot from LAN but it looks to me a little tricky.=20
Is it possible to copy the NetBDS distribution on the Magneto Optic disk
(with some other system, as a Linux owned by a friend of mine .... ) and
then boot the system from it ? After that I should copy the NetBSD directly
on the HD ......

Thanks a lot
best regards
Carlo

* Carlo Vinante               Universit=E0 di Padova
* --------------------------------------------------------------
*    Consorzio RFX c/o Istituto Gas Ionizzati
*      Area di Ricerca del C.N.R. di Padova
*      Corso Stati Uniti, 4 - 35127 Padova
*---------------------------------------------------------------
* e-mail : vinante@igi.pd.cnr.it
* web    : http://www.igi.pd.cnr.it/
* voice  : +39-049-829-5974
* fax    : +39-049-870-0718
* cell : +39-0347-704-1096
* home : +39-049-950-1387
* Hardware is indeterministically reliable
* Software is deterministically unreliable
* People are indeterministically unreliable
* Nature is deterministically reliable
* and don't forget to visit these sites too ....
* http://www.mclink.it/com/biroma/g4
* http://scuolaworld.provincia.padova.it/astrofili/