Subject: Re: MMU fault from console keyboard when using serial console
To: NetBSD hp300 list <hp300@mrynet.com>
From: David Jones <dej@inode.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/04/2000 16:41:39
On Tue, 04 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> Eeeeep!
> Unplug the CPU keyboard when running a serial console on your
> model 380.  Below is what happened when my HIL keyboard was
> accidentally touched while the serial console was being used:
>=20
> Is this the "MMU bug" that has been mentioned to me that occurs
> with the '040 chip?

I get this type of error if a key is pressed before the kernel comes up.

You don't need to unplug the keyboard.  Simply press a key before the ker=
nel
has finished booting.

I suspect that the keyboard interupt is being enabled before the keyboard
driver has initialized.  Uninitialized code then takes the interrupt and.=
=2E.