Subject: Re: X & Audio
To: Carlo Vinante <vinante@igi.pd.cnr.it>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/30/2000 11:24:23
At 1:53 PM +0200 3/30/00, Carlo Vinante wrote:

:)this is my second request ....

How long ago did you send the first one -- I didn't see it.

:)I was 'impressed' by reading about audio softwares and m question is:
:)"How is possible to manage audio software (mp3, cda, speech) on a
:)hp9000/345 ?"

You can do anything with audio, except play it.  That is, you can use
software to convert any file into mp3, or use software to encode speech
into a sound file.  You'll need to move that sound file to a machine that
supports playing audio to listen to the file.

There's no hardware in hp300/hp400 machines for playing digital audio out a
speaker.

:)Or is the audio software available only for i386 machines ?

There are other platforms that support it.  I know several sparc machines
can play digital audio.

:)Another question:
:)What about X ?

<http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hp300/faq.html#x11>