Subject: Info request
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Carlo Vinante <vinante@igi.pd.cnr.it>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/29/2000 11:48:29
Hello to everybody in the mailing list.

I am a new subscriber and a "new" diskless HP9000/345 owner.
I just saved a machine from scrapped and right now I would run NetBSD on it.
I have already a Unix and Linux experience, BUT I never run a diskless
machine.

Should be my intention to use the 345 as a graphic terminal connected to a
Linux server.
Well, at least I can search for a SCSI disk in order to load and run the
kernel and the X server from it.

What I am asking for is ...=20

1 - suggestions, tips, tricks ?=20

2 - Could I install a 'standard' SCSI disk ?
     I can have for free SCSI disks and CDROM driver=20
     scrapped out from Macintoshes ......

Everything will be well accepted. =20
Thanks for the help

Best regards
Carlo=20

* Carlo Vinante               Universit=E0 di Padova
* --------------------------------------------------------------
*    Consorzio RFX c/o Istituto Gas Ionizzati
*      Area di Ricerca del C.N.R. di Padova
*      Corso Stati Uniti, 4 - 35127 Padova
*---------------------------------------------------------------
* e-mail : vinante@igi.pd.cnr.it
* web    : http://www.igi.pd.cnr.it/
* voice  : +39-049-829-5974
* fax    : +39-049-870-0718
* cell : +39-0347-704-1096
* home : +39-049-950-1387
* Hardware is indeterministically reliable
* Software is deterministically unreliable
* People are indeterministically unreliable
* Nature is deterministically reliable
* and don't forget to visit these sites too ....
* http://www.mclink.it/com/biroma/g4
* http://scuolaworld.provincia.padova.it/astrofili/