Subject: Re: Quake ?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/24/2000 15:03:57
Quoting David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Jarkko Hermanni Teppo wrote:
>
> > ps. If anybody wants a Doom binary or some ugly patches to the
> > pkgsrc xdoom, just ask. It \\\"runs\\\", ie. it\\\'s slow but somewhat
> > playable in a 320x200 window.. no sounds.
>
> 	On what pkgsrc version did you base your patches - earlier
> 	this month I took a pass through xdoom and cleaned up various
> 	things so it now works on my i386 and sparc boxes.

Well, the pkgsrc version was from (too ashamed to admit) 1.3.2.
Upgrading is cumbersome when you don\'t have a net connection, not that
I\'m lazy or anything :) I took a quick look at the patches via cvsweb and
the main points were there, like m_swap. How does the new pkgsrc version
handle machines without any sort of sound-output ? I assume that sndserver
just dies and xdoom keeps on going ?

I really ought to upgrade some day but now I\'m just stuck waiting for
a Sun 4/360..

--
Jarkko Teppo
jate@uwasa.fi