Subject: Re: Getting X11R5 HP/UX Source?
To: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/28/2000 11:43:54
At 8:16 AM +0100 1/28/00, you wrote:

:)No and some yes, the older - Catseye for instance - type framebuffers
:)are pretty well known - the problem are the more recent devices like the
:)VRX line...

I *know* I've seen the catseye A1416A and 98550A (mistakenly?) referred to
as VRX.  I've also seen them referred to as Kathmandu.

:)Maybe it would make more sense to adapt Linux' framebuffer device
:)interface to NetBSD and we would get a rather slow R6 server with rather
:)less work. But maybe they have kind of hardware acceleration now...

Well, we should do *something*.  People have been asking about R6 for years.

  -- MW