Subject: HP X11R5 server and NetBSD 1.4.1
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Goryll <m.goryll@fz-juelich.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/30/1999 10:40:38
I experienced a similar beaviour to that described by Steve Peurifoy
(see the link on Mike Wolfson's page). Running NetBSD 1.3.2 on a
hp9000/345 (1024x768 lo-res display, 16MB RAM, SCSI disks) the X server
works fine, except for the core dump when I quit or restart the server.
When I changed to NetBSD 1.4.1 (generic kernel), the system crashed with
a kernel coredump after killing the X server with Ctrl+Shift+Break. The
following message appeared: "reboot after panic: AMAP_B2SLOT:invalid
byte count". So the system crash seems to occur on (any?) sytem running
the 1.4.1 kernel.

-Michael Goryll

Michael Goryll
Institut fuer Schicht- und Ionentechnik (ISI)
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
D-52425 Juelich

Telephone : ++49 2461 61 3781
Fax       : ++49 2461 61 2370