Subject: X HP server and UVM system in 1.4.1
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Lazaro Daniel Salem <SALEM@statoil.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/05/1999 18:07:31
I recall some discussion in which Steve P. was involved,
about a conflict between the HPUX  X server and the UVM
subsystem "officially" implemented in 1.4.x:
Dump core  of the X server / system lock when quiting X.

I vaguely remember there is even a PR about this. If my memory
serves me the discussion in the PR was in terms of file system
pollution when implementing HPUX emulation.

Has the the "HPUX X server / UVM" problem been fixed?

I would appreciate any comment of people using the X server under 1.4.x.
I am very happy with the HPUX emulation and te problem described
above is the only thing delaying my upgrade to 1.4.1.

Thanks,
Lazaro

lazaro@online.no

salem@statoil.com