Subject: Problems upgrading from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1
To: port-hp300 NetBSD <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Reiner Buehl <Reiner_Buehl@hp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/20/1999 09:24:27
Hi,

thanks to all who helped me getting SYS_INST and miniroot.fs.
I got the files and successfully net-booted my 345. However
during the upgrade process I had some problems/difficulties:

1. The upgrade program hung when prompting for a timezone.
   The default from my former installation (Europe/Berlin)
   was displayed correct but never found. Also no other
   timezone entry could be found and pressing the '?'-key
   for a list of valid timezone entries didn't produce a
   result either. I just got the same prompt on and on. I
   had to stop the upgrade process with CTRL-C to get out of
   this loop. It seems that the upgrade program looks for
   timezone files at the wrong location, since the files are
   in /usr/share/zoneinfo.

   Since I had to stop the upgrade process now I'm not shure
   what still has to be done to get a stable system. I wrote
   the new disklable and unpacked the kern.tgz package after
   quiting the upgrade process but I'm not shure if this was
   sufficient. What happens after the timezone selection in
   upgrade?

2. The upgrade process didn't install all the X11 packages.
   The packages are in the same directory as the other 1.4.1
   sets but I could only install base, comp, etc and no xbase
   and such.

I hope somebody here can help me with this...

Regards,
Reiner.