Subject: Re: Bootable CDROMs and HP 425ts.
To: Brent Hetherwick <hetherwi@math.wisc.edu>
From: Justin Tripp <justin@ee.byu.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/14/1999 08:21:12
This is going to be fairly HP specific.  It is highly likely that it would
be different for 300/400 than 700/800.  If you get a hold of a bootable
CD, the best option might be to attempt to reverse engineer the process.
The only bootable thing that we have ever had for 300s was tape.

There is some in information on the web on how to create bootable Sun
CDs.  Not HP, but they are definitely non-El Torrito.  From the Sun CD-ROM
FAQ:

'Until just recently, creating a bootable CD-ROM on SPARC was a mystery
(even though the RedHat people have had a Sun bootable RedHat distribution
available for quite some time now).

     See "docs/CDROM.HOWTO" in "silo-0.8.4.tgz" at
"ftp://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/OS/Linux/Sparc/local/silo/".'

This might be useful.  I glanced at it and it seems that Sun treats a
CDRom just like it would any other disk.  So the image on the CDRom must
look like a disk image.

				.justin.