Subject: Re: Browser on hp300 1.4.1?
To: Wayne Crosbie <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@nfp.fi>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/13/1999 15:15:20
From: Wayne Crosbie <crosbie@nortelnetworks.com>

> Simple question (I hope) What browsers are available for NetBSD
> 1.4.1 on hp300?
>
> I installed the Mozilla package, and it wants the g++ library at
> version 4.0, so I installed the g++ library and got the 5.0 version
>which
> won't work. I am fairly new at this, any clues?

Take your pick: Lynx, Mosaic and maybe Mozilla. I never got
Mozilla to work though and it seems to be a real heavyweight.
Oh yes, kfm too.

> There's a SunOS version of Netscape, would that work?

I don't know but if it does I'd like to know.. I have some
old SunOS binaries I'd like to try out.

> thanks,
>
> Wayne
> crosbie@nortelnetworks.com

Hmm.. wasn't there some talk about Netscape (2.0/3.0 ?) for
m68k HP-UX written specifically for Nortel or somesuch ?
I vaguely remember reading about it in the netbsd-hp300 archives.

ps. for some 'speedy' browsing you could try the embedded web
browser in xemacs on a 68030 with 12MB memory. "Gives you time to
make some coffee ?", hell, it gives you time to go to Columbia and
pick the beans up yourself!

--
Jarkko Teppo
jarkko.teppo@nfp.fi