Subject: Re: Serial console on 425e?
To: None <jay@fork.com>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/10/1999 19:38:12
jay@fork.com (Jay D. Allen) writes:
>    I see a comment on the HP300 port page that support has been
>added for serial console on HP425e.  Does this extend to SYS_UBOOT?
>I gave it and SYS_INST a try and neither worked for me.

Sorry, I guess it's my fault for not sending a follow up.

The current status is that the boot blocks and the kernel will correctly
recognise the serial console on the 425e.  I also get the console output
over the serial cable.  However, I can't get any characters _to_ the box
once the kernel is running (input works fine with the bootblocks).  I've
tried on and off to find the reason but haven't been sucessful.

>    Its been over a year since I last checked in on this topic, but
>is there currently a way to install NetBSD on this 425e box?

If you can netboot the box, yes.  I've put "425e" aware SYS_INST, SYS_UBOOT,
and the kernel I'm using up on ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp300/boot.hp42e.
You should be able to use that with the 19970707 snapshot or 1.4.1.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)