Subject: How to boot 340 from a SCSI disk ?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Sergey Babkin <sergey@sco.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/29/1999 12:07:04
Hi,

I got a strange situation. I have a diskless 340
with a 98629 extension SCSI card and an external SCSI
disk. The machine boots fine from the network and
can mount the filesystems from the disk. And
the whole disk installation procedure goes
just fine. The only problem is that the machine
does not want to boot from the disk. The disk
is 1G, a few years newer than the machine.
I have looked inside the machine but have not noticed
any switches on the CPU board except the one on the
back of the box "SC/DIS/REM/MEN". Well, the CPU board
is under the graphics board (98550A) and I have not
renoved the latter, so I may have missed some switches
that are not easily observable.
When the machine boots it prints the message only
about the LAN card as the possible boot source.
The BIOS revision is C1.

Any ideas how to make it boot from the disk would be
appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-SB