Subject: Re: Bootp problems with HP300
To: Jochen Friedrich <jochen@scram.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/05/1999 10:41:17
At 3:44 PM +0200 6/5/99, you wrote:

:)On the board, there is a jumper block marked "LAN". One of those jumpers
:)has the description "REM". Please toggle this jumper and try to boot
:)again.

That's mighty strange, since everything I've read (and my own experience)
is that the REM DIP switch has the hp300 use the serial port as a console
(as opposed to HIL keyboard and framebuffer).

When the REM DIP switch is flipped, then the only thing ever displayed on
the console is something like "Remote console at 9".

Perhaps if you're using your machine with a serial console and flow control
is set up wrong, the bootloader hangs?  Or if you're using a local console
and have an unsupported framebuffer it also hangs?

  -- MW