Subject: Problems Netbooting
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Matthews <tim@uhe1.demon.co.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/16/1999 15:48:31
Hi.

I am using the 1.3.2 distro and am trying to netboot my HP 9000 433.

I have setup sun-rbootd on my Solaris 7 Ultra. I have created my ethers
table and am running rarpd. I have setup my bootparam file and am running
bootparamd.

When I run SYS_UBOOT or SYS_INST from the HP boot loader, the serial console
I have connected shows the loader running. At either the sys_uboot> prompt
or the sys_inst> prompts the machine loops printing NetBSD/hp30 at the
command prompt. The netbsd boot loader seems to be treating this as input,
as it prints an error message similar to "boot: NetBSD/hp30 not found.".
Occasionally, the text then change to a cyle of netbsd, netbsd.gz being
printed at the command prompt.

I have downloaded the openbsd 2.4 SYS_UBOOT as well to try that. The same
happens but OpenBSD[8K is repeatedly printed out.

Help ! Whats going on. I have had this setup working before, but it used
linux to do the netbooting. I've tried it all again on a Redhat 5.1 intel
machine, but the same thing happens on the HP.

cheers,
Tim