Subject: Re: Problems to run the HP-UX server.
To: Steve Peurifoy <sp128@ibm.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/14/1999 10:09:40
At 12:32 AM -0400 4/14/99, you wrote:

:)I'm gonna take a wild guess that you haven't gone to UVM yet.  I too
:)ignored the segfault on exit until switching to UVM, at which point it
:)became a major problem, i.e. a kernel panic.

Strange.  I thought UVM was standard in 1.3.3, no?  I'm using 1.3.3 on two
425s machines with 98550/A1416A and the HP-UX X server and I haven't gotten
any kernel panics I can attribute to this.  I do get the core dump on exit
of X, though.  I also can make the X server crash by opening too many menus
(I display netscape 3 from a B132L and if I pop open too manu of those
motif menus, the X server just dies).

  -- MW