Subject: Re: rbootd for linux
To: Christophe DONZELOT <donzelot@eicn.ch>
From: Ian Clark <ic@smoke.com.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/26/1999 22:34:09
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Christophe DONZELOT wrote:

> I'm looking for the C sources of a rbootd for linux because the netbsd
> version doesn't compile on linux/i386.
> I own 2 hp300 workstations (a 425 and a 340 with 96720 graphic display).

Check out http://prozac.cwru.edu/wes/hp for booting HPs from Linux. This
is the info I used to initially boot my first one, so it does work!

> Can i boot the station on a 9633H micro-floppy ?
> On linux I can set up a bootp server , is it compatible with hp remote
> protocol ?
> Thanks.

I'm sure others are better informed, but as from my experiance bootp and
rbootd are two disticively different beasties.

--
V TWINS: the only practical alternitive to the single :- Phil Irving

21 Year old Moto Morini, 16 year old Moto Guzzi, 23 year old car -
So what's the fuss about a couple of 10 year old workstations?

Ian Clark VK3KRI        ic@smoke.com.au      http://www.smoke.com.au/~ic/