Subject: Re: rbootd for linux
To: Christophe DONZELOT <donzelot@eicn.ch>
From: Martin Lucina <mato@kotelna.sk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/26/1999 23:14:26
On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 07:15:54AM -0000, Christophe DONZELOT wrote:
> I'm looking for the C sources of a rbootd for linux because the netbsd
> version doesn't compile on linux/i386.

Hmm, I have a working version somewhere, I'll try to track it down tomorrow.
Maybe I should put the source code somewhere where ppl can get at it, this
seems to be a fairly common problem/request.

> I own 2 hp300 workstations (a 425 and a 340 with 96720 graphic display).
>
> Can i boot the station on a 9633H micro-floppy ?

> On linux I can set up a bootp server , is it compatible with hp remote boot
> protocol ?

No you need more than that (IIRC rbootd, tftpd and a NFS sever).

mato
--
Contrary to the headers, I am in fact in Wellington, New Zealand.
Check http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/contact.html for my PGP key.