Subject: Re: HP 400s configured for Domain/OS
To: Steinar Knutsen <sk@nvg.ntnu.no>
From: Martin Lucina <mato@kotelna.sk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/05/1999 20:54:19
On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 02:29:08AM +0100, Steinar Knutsen wrote:

> Worked like a charm, therefore I'm wondering: What is the current state of
> getting support for Apollo keyboard and mice into the kernel? (Especially
> since I hadn't the correct serial cable lying around. ;) ) Or have I
> missed something?

You have. Maybe it's time someone updated the FAQ with a digest of the "Is the
Domain Keyboard supported currently and if not can I help" discussion that
keeps recurring on the mailing list?

As far as I know (correct me if more work has been done) the Domain Keyboard
is only supported in the bootblocks, not in the kernel and in order to do so
would require some massive rewrites of the kernel ITE layer, which someone (I
forget who) is partially working on but it appears to be no simple task and
therefore is unlikely to be ready any time soon.

Am I right?

Martin
--
Contrary to the headers, I am in fact in Wellington, New Zealand.
Check http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/contact.html for my PGP key.