Subject: delay when starting up mountd
To: port-hp300 NetBSD <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Reiner Buehl <reiner@asta4.rz.fh-ulm.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/26/1998 09:30:46
Hi,

I have a strange problem: on startup the start of mountd from /etc/rc
takes about 6 minutes! It looks like a dns timeout because it didn't
behave that way when the machine had a running named. Now another
machine is the nameserver, the new nameserver is up and reachable, I
changed the nameserver entry in resolv.conf but I always get this delay.
I have all hosts on the local network in /etc/hosts and /etc/host.conf
has a line "order hosts, bind". The exports file only has lines with
-network statements that export for my local network. Is there a problem
with this -network option? Another netbsd machine (a pmax) with the same
resolv.conf, host.conf, hosts but an empty exports file doesn't delay.
Are there any steps that I could try to track down this problem?
--

MFG Reiner.

Reiner Buehl                         Internet:
P.O. Box 100324                      reiner@asta.va.fh-ulm.de
70747 Leinfelden-Echterdingen
Germany