Subject: Re: disktab entry for Micropolis 1221 (1001MB) SCSI disk?
To: None <lazaro@online.no>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/11/1998 16:25:18
> I cannot find info about the disktab entry for this 1001 MB
> Micropolis 2112 SCSI hard disk.  Any pointer?

I see you got another answer too.  However, the question should
probably also be "why do you need one"?

The SCSI code should be able to tell you the total capacity of
the drive during the autoconfig phase of the startup of NetBSD.
I even seem (vaguely -- it's been a while since I tinkered with
our hp300 systems) to recall that the standalone install tool
also reads out the total capacity of the drive.  Other than that
you could regard the drive as a linear sequence of blocks, and
use any combination of heads/cyls/sectors that comes close enough
to the total capacity of the drive.

- H=E5vard