Subject: Re: msdosfs ?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@nfp.fi>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/09/1998 13:40:12
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
To: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@nfp.fi>
Date: Tuesday, December 08, 1998 7:12 PM

>:)ps. my framebuffers are topcats(?) (1280x1024, mono ie. one coaxial plug)
>:)but xdpyinfo tells me that the display depth is 8 bits.
>
>Strange.  What's the model number?

Uh, I don't remember and I don't have the machine at hand at the moment, but
on boot they are recognized as topcat/catseye cards. Actually the only BNC
connector is probably green (from sync-on-green ?) and it's definitely not
monochrome. Weird. I'll check the model numbers once I get home..

>:)pps. off-topic: does anybody have any clue about HP9000/550 machines ?
>
>My understanding was that they predate the 200 series (based on the 68000),
>which predates the 300 series (68010 and better).  I think they
>communicated by the Shared Resource Manager (SRM) interface.  They ran some
>early version of HP-UX (2.X I think).

I booted one of my machines once and the version was HP-UX 5.??.  There were
three models, 530, 540 and 550. On the 550 I have 4 serial line cards with 8
port panels. The cards are set straight, I mean not sideways as in the 380,
and the backplane connector is a weird single row connector, about 7-10 cm
wide.
This seems to be one of the few machines were Altavista can't help...

Hmmm.. what is SRM ?