Subject: Re: 425E
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org, mato@kotelna.sk>
From: None <Dengvall@aol.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/17/1998 18:31:45
In a message dated 11/17/98 1:01:54 PM, mato@kotelna.sk writes:

<< > or doorstop.  Domain/OS is great, HP/UX is OK, but they will both stop
> > properly after 12/99.  And HP will not support either.

This is news to me (at least referring to DomainOS), does anyone have a
pointer
to a HP press release or article that talks about this?

It was my impression from talking to HP support that 4xx series support dies
at 2000 (- one day). I think that includes any version of HP-UX that supports
the 4xx machines. i.e. <= v 9.3 | 9.4.
I could still purchase HP-UX: 2 user license at$995 and media (cdrom) at $525
(?).
For a $50 machine that is a bit steep. :-)

regards,  Dave Engvall